The picture(s)posted are from a scrapbook circle journal swap I participated in.CLICK on the picture
Today is the anniversary of the death of two special people...My GRANDPARENTS. The parents to my Dad. It was 4 years ago. When I found out I kept thinking This cant be...I started walking in circles what to do, over and over, I freaked out hubby WASNT NICE(we had been talking divorce at that point and this wasnt what I needed) He wasnt supportive at all, I literally lost it and was shaking and trying to leave. MY GRANDMA WAS NEVER TO DIE!!!! She was so caring very healthy.
Now 2 yrs after Granma's passing Grandpa decided it was time for him to go to the good man above, he said. Grandpa suffer from ALZHEIMERS and DEMENTIA. From time to time he thought Grandma was just at the store or was visiting friends. He sometimes thought he was still in the service and didnt know what was going on. My Dad had took upon the duty of caretaker for him, after my Aunt went bizerk and walked out. So my daddy to the rescue, he tried his best. Well I remember getting the phone call that I should go see gpa because he is getting worse. Ya I guess that is true. He was bed ridded, never to walk anymore, his mind barely there he stopped gettin up to go to the bathroom on his own. He just lie there peacefully. Well everybody had come and gone over the weeks to say goodbye.
On the morning of May 20th, 2006 I stopped by Granma's grave and I cried to her to take Grandpa, he's ready to come home. He needs you. I either went over that morning to visit gpa or went home but later that night at 8:30 or something it was cloudy, cool breeze and weird feeling in the air...My Dad calls to say Gpa's gone...I was so restless before the call. SO I said I'll come over. I get there and the feeling was so calm, empty but yet peaceful. I hear my dad talking to hospice and funeral people in the back. I shed a small tear or two for this was different. Dad walked out and said hi sis. Hi daddy I said. He said come on he wanted me to say bye...I was hesitate but dad said no he's at peace. So I walked back to see him. I said I love you gpa and just told gma thanks. It was nicer than I could have even thought. He got his wish..to pass in his own home and bed.
I have their shrine in a small corner of my bathroom. I live with them everyday. RIP Grandma and Grandpa Stout.
No comments:
Post a Comment